SOLD OUT Underground Sounds: Two Star Symphony
This performance is sold out. For any additional guests wishing to attend, we will be taking a first-come-first-served waiting list beginning exactly 30 minutes prior to each performance time.
Join us for a special music series in the Buffalo Bayou Park Cistern!
Throughout 2022, Buffalo Bayou Partnership (BBP) is collaborating with Houston organizations on Underground Sounds, a series of musical performances that highlight the remarkable natural acoustics of the Buffalo Bayou Park Cistern.
The third event in the series is organized in partnership with Two Star Symphony and includes four unique concerts.
Two Star Symphony’s distinctive sound is inspired by their influences, which range from Dr. Dre to Danny Elfman to Tom Waits. More band than a classical ensemble, every member of Two Star is also a composer. Their unique process involves songs written and arranged collaboratively, with each player responsible for their own part. By the time the songs are finished, the music is memorized. Two Star does not create sheet music, so the players are free to focus on listening rather than reading. This allows them to play in the dark, which is advantageous for theater, dance, and now the Buffalo Bayou Park Cistern.
- September 8 at 7:30pm (Sold out)
- September 9 at 7:30pm (Sold out)
- September 10 at 4pm (Sold out)
- September 10 at 5:30pm (Tickets will go on sale on Monday, August 15th at 9am)
- September 11 at 4pm (Sold out)
- September 11 at 5:30pm (Tickets will go on sale on Monday, August 15th at 9am)
- Margaret Lejeune Cello
- Debra Brown Violin
- Brigette Yawn Viola
- Chris Bakos Bass
- Cathy Power Percussion/multi-instrumentalist
- Kirk Suddreath Percussion/multi-instrumentalist
- John Duboise Clarinet/Sax