10th Annual KBR Kids Day on Buffalo Bayou
Join Buffalo Bayou Partnership and KBR for free family fun at the 10th annual KBR Kids Day at The Water Works at Buffalo Bayou Park. Featuring hands-on learning opportunities from 30 non-profit partners as well as live music and entertainment this year’s Kids Day will surely captivate your child’s imagination! Explore the Barbara Fish Daniel Nature Play Area, take $2 boat rides on BBP’s pontoon boat Spirit of the Bayou, and rent bikes or kayaks from our park concessionaires.
Every Kid in a Park Passports for Nature activities will be a fun way to get your family or school connected to all Houston-area parks. Teachers, special information will be available on how to connect to cool field trips too!
Food and drinks will be available for purchase from Churrasco, Friohana, It’s a Wrap! and Pho-jita Fusion.
View photos from 2015 KBR Kids Day!
What To Expect
A) THE WATER WORKS (105 Sabine Street)
– Enjoy hands-on learning experiences and recreational activities from our partners and sponsors atop The Brown Foundation Lawn
– Watch live performances at the Hobby Family Pavilion
– Grab a bite to eat from four food trucks (Churrasco, Friohana, It’s A Wrap!, and Pho-jita Fusion) and check out the Houston Fire Department’s truck at The Water Works entry court
– Bicycle rentals from Bike Barn in the Wortham Insurance Visitor Center
B) BARBARA FISH DANIEL NATURE PLAY AREA
– Check out the nature play area featuring a boulder rock scramble, a rolling lawn, a stream and waterfall, climbing logs and stones, 33-foot slide and a tri-level tree house/boat deck with climbing net.
– Parking available in City Lot H. Parking can also be found along city streets, but please pay close attention to signage, be neighborly, and use the pedestrian bridges/crosswalks to safely access the park. Do not leave valuables in your vehicle.
BBP is still looking for volunteers for the 11 am to 1 pm and the 1 pm to 3 pm shifts during KBR Kids Day. If you are interested, please contact Sarah McIntire at 713.752.0314 ext. 303.
|11:00 AM||Storybook Opera by Houston Grand Opera|
|11:30 AM||Birds of Prey Show presented by Friends of Brazoria Wildlife Refuges|
|12:15 PM||Halloween Costume Parade|
|1:00 PM||Breakdancing with Havikoro Crew|
|1:30 PM||Birds of Prey Show presented by Friends of Brazoria Wildlife Refuges|
|2:00 PM||Compania Folklorica Alegria Mexicana|
|2:30 PM||Dance of Asian America|