Buffalo Bayou Partnership (BBP) is a non-profit organization that relies on donations from generous individuals, foundations, organizations, and corporations to continue revitalizing and transforming Buffalo Bayou—Houston’s most significant natural resource. Contributions of any size make a significant impact and help us maintain the trails, remove trash and debris from the waterway, and attract thousands of Houstonians and visitors to the banks of Buffalo Bayou.
Buffalo Bayou Partnership’s Annual Fund Drive
As we reflect on Buffalo Bayou Partnership’s 25-year history and celebrate the 10-year anniversary of our Buffalo Bayou and Beyond master plan, we take pride in all we have accomplished together. Buffalo Bayou Partnership reached these major milestones in the past year:
- Began Phase 1 construction on the $55 million Buffalo Bayou Park—Shepherd to Sabine Project with a $30 million catalyst gift from the Kinder Foundation
- Secured funds to restore an historic building at Allen’s Landing, Houston’s birthplace
- Initiated design on $10 million of hike and bike trails in downtown and the East End
- Acquired 22 acres of green space through an innovative partnership with the Houston Parks & Recreation Department
- Removed nearly 2,000 cubic yards of trash and debris from the bayou’s water
- Engaged more than 2,000 volunteers in bayou restoration activities
- Attracted over 15,000 Houstonians and visitors to the banks of Buffalo Bayou by sponsoring the annual Buffalo Bayou Regatta, KBR Kids Day, BAYOU BASH, kayak and pontoon boat tours, and numerous music and film events, in addition to thousands of recreational users
Whether substantial capital projects, hike and bike trails, land acquisition or flood control improvements, BBP has successfully put the bayou back in the “Bayou City.” But with ambitious work still ahead, your support is now more important than ever. Please consider making a donation to Buffalo Bayou Partnership’s Annual Fund Drive and help provide crucial funding for the enhancement and enjoyment of bayou green space.
Buffalo Bayou Partnership offers a number of ways for companies to meet their marketing, philanthropic, community engagement, employee benefit and client hospitality objectives.
For more information about corporate giving opportunities, please contact Leigh McBurnett, Director of Development, at firstname.lastname@example.org (hyperlink) or 713.752.0314 ext. 5
SEARCH AND SHOP FOR BBP
GoodSearch is a Yahoo-powered search engine that donates to the charities its users designate. Use it just as you would any search engine and support BBP while you search! Just go to http://www.goodsearch.com/ and enter Buffalo Bayou Partnership as your charity of choice.
Earn Reward Points Using Your Shopping Card
And do not forget us when you are shopping at Randalls! Just stop by the Courtesy Booth at your local store and link Buffalo Bayou Partnership’s Good Neighbor account, number 12965, to your Remarkable/Reward Card. Then 1% of your purchases will be donated to BBP!
Buffalo Bayou Partnership's Annual Report (pdf)
Buffalo Bayou Partnership’s 990